In a world where data drives business, e-commerce websites offer millions of products to consumers and billions of barcodes are scanned in physical stores every day. Verified by GS1 answers the question: “Is this the product that I believe it is”?
By registering a GTIN with a minimum set of basic product information, brands create an “ID Card” for each of their products. Retailers and marketplaces can use this information to verify the identity of a product and gain faster, simplified access to brand-sourced, high-quality and consistent product data.
• Simplify data sharing process and faster time-to-market.
• Improve brand integrity & data quality while gaining market insights.
• Reduced time and costs to gather and verify data and lower risks of GTIN misuse.
• Faster listing and overall optimised business processes.
• More reliable product information and richer experiences.
• Increased satisfaction and fewer returns.
Verified by GS1 is a global registry of Global Trade Item Numbers (GTINs), used to answer three key questions:
1. Is the GTIN a valid GTIN?
2. To which company a GTIN is licensed?
3. Whether a set of basic attributes are present for the GTIN?
Verified by GS1 makes it possible for brand owners to share core data about
their products and for retailers and marketplaces to verify the identity of the
products they sell.
With Verified by GS1, any GS1 member can access the basic brand-sourced product data and have the foundation they need to deliver trusted information to their consumers.
All companies across the commerce ecosystem will benefit as access to accurate, consistent product data becomes seamless and more efficient.
Verified by GS1 is launching worldwide, with the support of over 30 multinational companies.